Knock Knock SOLD!

I am so excited that (MCBA)The Minnesota Center for Book Arts sold my book "Knock Knock". This has to be one of my all time favorite books that I made. The beautiful embossed covers were saved from the landfill and adding a lion knocker to the cover really gave the book a feel of Harry Potter. I used two thread colors for the Greek binding - twenty signatures total. It's my wish that the owner will enjoy this journal for eons!

Cowgirl Jessica!

My friend Melinda's daughter, Jessica is quite the cowgirl. She is graduating from high school and appreciates hand made things instead of store bought gifts. I recently had tags published in the RubberStampMadness issue for "Days Gone By". I made a different book cover for Jessica than the one that I submitted because I wanted to find a leather piece from my stash that represented a saddle. Congrats as she earned a few ribbons over the weekend in a barrel racing competition! I added quotes on the back of each tag for her.

I did make the inserts for the tags that was different than the original submission.  I separated the pockets using sewing instead of grommets.  The accordion folded book contained four pockets with a map background of areas where her family has taken camping trips.
This is one of the quotes that I added to each of the tags.

FYI - I'll be posting my original book later.

Modern Shrine for Rin

Rin is my bookkeeper for my business and has become a very dear and precious friend! She asked me to make an art piece for her that would incorporate a quote that was meaningful to her. I decided on making her a shadowbox which I am calling a "shrine". Rin loves most things vintage and recycles everything. The cigar box which came from my friends from St. Louis seemed like a good start. The paper dolls were from Rin's childhood, the two dominoes became the perfect "feet" which I got from a scavenging trip in Cincinnati, the paper flowers from my friend, Minori who lives in Japan. The list continues with the resin yellow roses from Pat in England along with the ledger paper cir. 1940's. The quote was written on paste paper that I had made when I lived in Tulsa. The top knob was harvested from an old furniture piece being discarded. It was great incorporating so many of my favorite things from friends from around the globe along with items from my studio. I super enjoyed making this piece for Rin!

I added paper to each side to complete the box.

Best Hostess Award Goes to Annie!

My adorable sister, Annie hosted another "Junk Trunk" class with her friends.  I had a great time with the ladies - super creative bunch!  Here are some photos of their amazing projects!

Old Made New

This was a journal that I had made for a seminar series that I had made for note taking. I thought it was the perfect base for a smash journal. I love using those bits of scraps that all paper artist collect. When I am finished stuffing my book, I'll share some photos of what will certainly be my favorite pages.

Art Project Updated

There are a few projects that I made when I was first new to rubber stamping (2000) that I still have around! This little box is one of them. I made it with my two sister-in-laws and that makes it worthy of saving. It originally held a small book made from one sheet of paper with pockets that held messages. When I removed the book, I realized it was the same size as ATC's and that became perfect for my collection of cards I have made called "Mrs. Brady". I added the red ribbon at the bottom of the cards to make it easier to remove the ATC's from the box.

ATC Storage

I have three different antique sewing machine drawers full of awesome ATC's. I am looking forward to many more drawers to be filled!

Art Journal Returns Home

After experiencing making journals where my art sisters participated gave me an addiction I can live with - it's totally contributes to good living and lots of joy! I mailed blank pages to each participating artist and then rebound the book after all the pages were returned to me. I added lots of ribbons to the spiral spine and tabs to the individual pages. The two-page spreads shown are two different contributing artists and it is as if they collaborated in advanced with how well their pages complimented each other!